Manage, monitor and control your users and devices from anywhere with our dedicated M2M and IoT products, SIM cards and technical support from The One Point.
What is M2M?
Machine-to-machine, or M2M, is a broad label that can be used to describe any technology that enables networked devices to exchange information and perform actions without the manual assistance of humans. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) facilitate the communication between systems, allowing them to make their own autonomous choice.
What is IoT?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
What are the differences between M2M and IoT?
There is a lot of confusion between IoT and M2M, as both refer to communicating and sharing data. M2M is about machines, smartphones and appliances, whereas the IoT is about sensors, cyber-based physical systems, Internet and so on.
- Simple device-to-device communication usually within an embedded software at client site.
- Grand-scale projects and want-it-all approach.
- Isolated systems of devices using same standards.
- Integrates devices, data and applications across varying standards.
- Limited scalability options.
- Inherently more scalable.
- Wired or cellular network used for connectivity.
- Usually devices require active Internet connection.
- Extensive background of historical applications.
- State-of-the-art approach with roots in M2M.
The One Point's M2M and IoT services:
What is included?
- Remote device control: Puts you back in control of your remote devices and users from anywhere.
- Fail over options: Temporary or emergency fail over available.
- Secure data tariffs: Shared secure data tariffs with usage control and speed monitoring via private APN.
- IP addressing: Static/Fixed private and public VoIP addressing.
- VoIP: Works with VoIP.
- Competitive: Competitive data pricing.
Talk to a member of our award-winning team today on 01482 420 150 or click here for more information.