We are very excited to be proud sponsors of this year's Virtual Dementia Tour Bus!
The Virtual Dementia Tour Bus will be visiting Hica's, The Hollies, on 12th March 2020, where it will replicate the mid-stages of dementia through a virtual tour inside the touring bus.
"The worldwide, scientifically and medically proven method of giving a person with a healthy brain an experience of what dementia might be like, allows delegates to enter the world of the person and understand which simple changes need to be made to their practice and environment to really improve lives of people with dementia."
The bus aims to help attendees:
- Understand the physical and sensory changes a person living with dementia may experience
- Understand how the environment can help or hinder individuals
- Identify ways to improve communication
- Understand how people may feel in an unfamiliar environment or situation
- Identify ways to communicate with and support people living with dementia
- Understand how to challenge the stereotyping and labelling of people living with dementia
"The need to have a better understanding of the physical effects of dementia is so important for anyone that comes into direct or indirect contact with people living with dementia. Giving the ability to walk in the shoes of people with dementia is an inspirational experience and one that has changed the way I view people who live with dementia."
More information about The Virtual Dementia Bus sessions at Hica's, The Hollies, and how you can apply can be found by clicking the image below:
For more information about The Virtual Dementia Tour Bus, click here.