Looking for a new challenge, consider an apprenticeship at The One Point.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as a Finance Assistant Apprentice.
This role involves full-time study towards a level 3 qualification, including gaining 'practical on-the-job' experience. An opportunity to progress to level 4 is possible.
At The One Point, we view our apprentices as the future of our business. We support them at every step, encourage them to aim high and take great pride in developing their careers. For this reason, in 2021, we were selected as winners of the Apprentice Employer of The Year Award across the whole of the UK with our long established training partner Baltic Training.
The purpose of the apprenticeship role is to support the Finance department with the day-to-day operational activities of the finance functions of the business. Helping manage the processes and controls to help ensure the robust financial performance of the business. Learning to produce timely and accurate financial information and ensuring all financial assistance required by the business is supported.
Duties of role
As a Finance Assistant Apprentice, you will:
• Raise invoices for customers and suppliers.
• Collate appropriate data and distribute to relevant parties to enable effective invoicing.
• Accurately maintain the ledgers ensuring that detailed accounts can be processed.
• Proactively chase customers to ensure invoices are recovered in a timely fashion.
• Document any queries within the system and maintain the progression of those queries.
• Make sure all payments are made on time in line with payment terms.
• Deal with invoice queries.
• Minimise errors and resolve any outstanding queries.
• Work well in a team.
• Great attitude.
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to change.
• Reliable, committed, and punctual.
• Hard-working ethic.
• Highly organised.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Are enthusiastic about learning and progressing in their role.
• Demonstrate a genuinely positive attitude.
• Have an interest in accounts and finance.
• Have good IT skills ideally in Excell.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Have a confident telephone manner and good written and verbal communication skills.
• Are honest and reliable.
Life as an apprentice
At The One Point, we are incredibly proud of our apprentices' achievements and believe in rewarding their hard work and determination to succeed.
An apprenticeship at The One Point is a chance to gain experience and build confidence working as part of an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic team.
You will gain knowledge across a wide range of business admin projects, help us support real customers and use industry-standard tools and processes to carry out your work.
We also recognise the support we need to give our apprentices to learn. There is time away from their regular duties and always someone to ask for advice on assignments. This guidance has led to some pretty impressive Distinction grades when our past apprentices have completed.
This all adds up to some bright prospects for our successful apprentices once they have finished their training.
Life after your apprenticeship is over:
As a fast-growing company with a track record of promotions from within, we expect to develop our apprentices in permanent roles after completion. If you can show up with a great attitude, the sky is the limit once you join our team.
Take a look at Lewis Cooks journey. Lewis, who now holds a senior position as an IT Support Manager, joined us as an apprentice in 2017. Lewis was recently named in the regions Top 30 Under 30 awards and Lewis was our very first recipient of our Values Ambassador Award.
About The One Point:
We are an established technology company with interests in IT, Software Development, Telecoms and Mobile. We have continually reinvested back into the business. We value our staff's well-being and continued development. We pride ourselves on having high standards and we're looking for a like-minded candidate to join our team and contribute to our success. We operate out of modern office space within easy access to public transport and offer a bike to work scheme for those interested.
We offer a range of appealing benefits to our whole team, including:
· Private Medical Insurance for you and your children.
· Full Salary Sacrifice Scheme (Fully launches 1st May).
· Regular team building and social events (fully funded).
· Annual staff and partner/spouse away social (fully funded).
· Increased annual leave entitlement with tenure.
· Ongoing training and development (fully funded).
· Staff discount or ‘at cost’ scheme.
· Opportunity to join The One Point Foundation committee.
· 1st Class working environment.
· Planned Working From Home available.
Accreditations & Partnerships:
· NHS Approved Supplier
· Microsoft Gold Partner
· Cyber Essentials Plus
As a company we have received many awards, listed below:
· MIA People & Culture Award 2020
· MIA Best Unified Comms Dealer 2020
· O2 Customer & Digital Excellence Award 2020
· CNA Keeping Britain Working (Supplier) 2020
· Uswitch Mobile Awards 2014
· Best Customer Service Winner 2020
Please apply now if you think you are suitable for the Business Administration Apprenticeship role!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org